I’m off on tour! It’s a virtual tour, of course. I have Jennifer C Wilson to thank for introducing me to the concept of blog tours. I’d never heard of them but then I am more landline than Zoom and prefer letter writing to Skype calls.
I contacted the wonderful Anne Cater in January and she agreed to organise a blog tour celebrating the publishing anniversary of The Princess of Felling. Has it been a year? It has! My pink Princess rolled off the press in April 2019 and I enjoyed hosting months of Princess events on Tyneside and in London.
The Princess blog tour was part of the first anniverary celebrations I’d planned for April and May 2020. Events included performances in Felling and Whitley Bay plus a couple of writing workshops . All these events were cancelled in March when lockdown was announced.
I must confess that the COVID-19 crisis made me forget all about the blog tour. When I’m not writing I work part-time as an Activities Co-ordinator in a local care home. I found myself classed as a key worker and concentrated on the day job rather than the Princess and her anniversary.
I was delighted when Anne emailed in late March to say 19 bloggers from all parts of the UK wanted to take part in the blog tour. It was an unexpected boost to me at the start of lockdown.
The bloggers have read the book and will post their reviews over 12 days starting this coming Monday 20th April. One blogger has interviewed me and another will host a Princess giveaway. I’ve had fun this week checking out all the blogs. What a range of writing styles and reading preferences! Thanks to my tour manager Anne and all the bloggers for this tour.
Here’s the tour itinerary. Are you joining me on the tour bus?
- Monday 20th April The Bookwormery
- Tuesday 21st April two blogs Ramblingmads and Blue Book Balloon
- Wednesday 22nd April Life of a Nerdish Mum and BookBeforeULeap
- Thursday 23rd April Intensive Gassing About Books and The Book Lover’s Boudoir
- Friday 24th April Brown Flopsy’s Book Burrow
- Saturday 25th April Read To Ramble
- Sunday 26th April The Book Magnet
- Monday 27th April Steph’s Book Blog
- Tuesday 28th April Books In My Opinion and Northern Reader
- Wednesday 29th April Karen Reads and Recommends and Hair Past A Freckle
- Thursday 30th April Cal Turner Reviews and Jane Hunt Writer
- Friday 1st May Cen-sational Reads and The Twist and Turn Book Blog